1.11.2010

Oh NO YOU DIDN'T girl!

I went to Wal-Mart today. No, no, no, not by choice, for work. Promise! I'm writing a story about a new clinic there. Anyway, as I was not-so-patiently waiting for a patient to come to the clinic, I got sucked into a black hole of watching customers as they came and went. There was Happy Stay-At-Home Dad with his children. Then Unhappy Stay-At-Home Mom with her children. Then there were the usual suspects (the Wal-Martoholics most likely to show up as a forward in your email inbox with People of Wal-Mart in the subject line. You know what I'm talking about.)

Anyway, I vividly remember one customer, a cute woman probably in her late 20s, early 30s who looked chic, sophisticated even . . . until my once-over made it to her feet . . . and a starefest ensued. I was too shocked to look away and stared in utter amazement at what she had on her poor feet that probably hate her for life now. She had on . . . brace yourself . . . cowboy boot mules. No ma'am. Unacceptable.

Image via here

1 comment:

layersofmeaning said...

hahahaha... I think Fio had those back in the 90's!