8.28.2009

Reading Rainbow . . . and a gift

This morning, Paula informed me that after today, Reading Rainbow will be no more. Of course, my reaction to this piece of 4-1-1 was, "WHAT?!?" I. Can't. Believe. It. I loved RR when I was little. I can remember watching it in daycare . . . No more LeVar? No more "Butterfly in the sky/I can go twice as high/Take a look/It's in a book/A reading rainbow" Man - it was such a huge part of my childhood. To reminisce like I did immediately after hearing the news, watch this.

On a different, happier note, my sister gave me this unexpected, kick-ass present on Wednesday. It's a Hawkeye Kodak Instamatic! Isn't she beautiful?! I can't wait to get it cleaned, order film and use it!!! I was thinking about my camera collection last night . . . I REALLY need to devote more time to using them. I love photography so much, but I rarely have time to use my cameras other than my point-and-shoot (I do love you, Canon Elph!) This is definitely something I need to concentrate on.

No comments: