4.01.2010

Boyz II Men, you got it right when you sang, "It's so hard . . . to say goodbye . . . to yesterday . . ."

Only two more days at MCG. Only one more night teaching at the studio. I opened my FB this morning to a message titled, Rhythm & Class Says Goodbye to Miss Amy, and spent a solid five minutes trying to swallow the lump in throat. I'm not good with goodbyes. Tonight's farewell shindig at the studio just might send me over the Emotional Edge I've been teetering on for weeks now. I'll let you know.

Thing is, I'm not good with drastic change, even though I've craved it for much of my life. I always imagined a world outside of Georgia, but always fell a little too short when it came to "getting out." And man, talk about a double-edged sword because once leaving became a reality, all I wanted to do was stay in the comfort of my own state. I think that's natural. Bradford keeps telling me, "It's OK to be scared of uprooting." That makes me feel better.

On the flip, I'm excited about moving and living with Bradford again and putting our apartment together. My mom and dad (pause for reaction) are helping me move on the 10th, so I'm going to put my pops to work with some carpenterish stuff around the apartment. He likes feeling needed, and I'm trying to do a better job of "needing him." He and B can go to town hanging pictures, mirrors and fixing our sliding doors.

And Pops? Thanks for capturing these awesome moments. Wow.


No comments: