12.07.2010

The best and worst part of Christmas . . . for me . . . this year, anyway.

The best part about this Christmas is that I'm done shopping. Under normal circumstances (which would include me having a full-time LIFE) I wouldn't finish until around, say, mid-January. Yep. I'm that girl. But this year? I'm done, with 18 days to spare. That's an accomplishment, if I do say so myself. My Christmas cards are stamped and mailed out, and now all I have left to do is wrap gifts. Cake.


The worst part? Stressing about every . . . single . . . cent I've spent. I'm a penny-pincher master now, guys. And yes, I know I'm still fortunate that I can even buy Christmas presents, and I shouldn't even complain. But what's the purpose of a blog if you can't vent about what's at the forefront of your mind?


So I continue . . .  


To make matters worse, Thomas rewrote his Christmas list . . . "just in case" we didn't get it. Of course, we can't get more than half of what's on it, but that's what grandparents are for, right? 


In more holiday-related news, B's mom and dad bought us plane tickets to Maine for Christmas, so there's a super great chance I'll be able to bust out a snowman this year. That'll be something I haven't experienced since I was with my first real boyfriend in college. Wow. Two things about that. First, that was so long ago! Second, I can't believe I'm 31. 

No comments: