3.05.2012

Seriously?!

Has it really been almost a year since I last posted? I can't believe it . . . well . . . actually, I can. It's been one heck of a crazy year. So much has happened, and honestly, I wasn't really doing a good job with Polaroid Express. I kept asking myself, What's the purpose of this blog? How does it contribute to . . . anything, really? Am I really doing it justice? Does anyone really read this thing, anyway?

I've come to realize that it doesn't have to be anything spectacular. I like to post pretty pictures, and occasionally, it serves as a sounding board. That's all. And maybe someday, it'll become something bigger. Who knows, right? So I'm going to give it another whirl. See where it takes me. Get back to the things I like to post like Band Beat and Current Celebrity Infatuation. Unimportant posts? Mmm, probably. But it's stuff I like, and that's what counts. 

Now for an update.

A year later, and here's what's up, y'all. Bradford and I didn't get married on November 12. Some stuff hit the fan, and we got ourselves into a bit of a financial snafu . . . not our fault, though. Not entirely, anyway. So we decided to postpone and scale the wedding back because let's face it. A Charleston wedding ain't cheap, and who are we kidding? We are by no means in the best financial situation and had to come to terms with the fact that we couldn't afford what was so graciously (said with utter sarcasm) thrown at us. But there is light at the end of the tumultuous tunnel. 

We decided to find a venue in our hometown in Augusta, Ga. The only downside is that the only date available is July 14. Yes, you read that right. July 14 . . . probably the hottest day of the year in the hottest, most humid part of the country. I envision lots o' sweat and runny makeup because quite frankly, Bradford and I are the sweatiest people I know. But that's what fans are for, right? Bring it on, Georgia Summer Heat! You will not bring me down! 

Let's see. I won Overall Grand Champion Soloist at the American Clogging Hall of Fame in October and will be dancing at The Grand Ol' Opry next month. I was shocked to win because I've never been able to beat this particular group of girls. I am so excited!!! It was the first year I wasn't nervous performing my solos, and I guess it worked. I can't wait to find out who will be performing at this year. Can we say Dolly Parton? Loretta Lynn? That's right!

So those are the big things happening in my life right now. I'm excited to be posting again and regularly checking the blogs I've come to love and admire. Feels good.

No comments: