12.18.2009

Please, no more sweets! Well . . .

I swear, I've probably gained 15 lbs. from all the cookies, cakes and brownies that have showed up at work since the holiday season began. Stop the madness!!! Right now, I'm staring at the last little bit of peppermint bark a friend made. Yep. I've eaten almost the entire bag . . . and could probably finish off another. On top of that, tonight is our Clogging Christmas Party, and I know there will be tons of food there, not to mention Family Christmas tomorrow. Anyone who knows me knows I've got quite a sweet tooth (especially for peppermint!) Check out Paula Deen's peppermint bark recipe.

Image via here

Ingredients:

Peppermint flavorings, optional (Paula says use about 2 teaspoons, to your taste)
2 lb white chocolate
Crushed candy canes, to yield 1 cup

Directions:
Place candy canes in a plastic bag and hammer into 1/4-inch chunks or smaller. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Combine candy cane chunks with chocolate (add peppermint flavoring at this point if desired.). Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet layered with parchment or waxed paper and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes or until firm. This is a gifts from the kitchen recipe, see all of the recipes from this feature. Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

Servings: 2 pounds
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Difficulty: Easy

No comments: